Monday, July 4, 2011

Sans.






















Tonight I kept my distance from the throngs of people headed to the west beach, arm in arm, wrapped in and clutching spangled banners. Even though I ache for that sort of dumb companionship, I avoid it. Despite my usual haunt being closed, I parked in the nearest neighborhood and tiptoed through the trees and into the sand. New sounds take place at night; thousands of frogs, the sweet rustling of trees, silverware clinking through yellow-lit windows of cliff homes, and the boom, crack, sizzle of far-away luminaries. After a few minutes passed, I watched in silence as a tiny firework show from miles away took place close to the horizon. It's spectacular to see something so grand be minimized by the vastness of the ocean and sky, blending seamlessly at the horizon. I could've pinched it's grandeur between my index finger and thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment